let me fill you in on one little thing about myself....i'm a horrible cook, i can't use a sewing machine or even a needle and thread, and i pretty much can't do anything you're supposed to know how to do to be a good wife so good thing i'm not getting married anytime soon because that poor boy would be in trouble but at least i'm funny right? or at least i think i am! anywho my best friend lindsey and i decided to take on the domestic skill of sewing this last week and made our very own boot socks! aren't they cute? well i sure hope you think they are because they were such a pain to do so i thought i would share with you all how we did them! sorry i don't have pictures to show you but here are step by step instructions.
1. we went to target and bought knee high socks. these work the best because they are so long but no matter what socks you buy you can always cut along the toe to make them leg warmers.
2. buy lace and buttons. or whatever you want to put on your boot sock.
3. once you have everything put the sock on so you can measure where you want everything to go. and then pin the lace while it's on your leg. (we still have yet to figure out how to sew around the top if the sock without it gathering when you take it off, so if you know please give us your secret!)
4. take the sock off carefully and hand stitch or sew the lace and buttons on! make sure you don't sew your sock together though...i did that...hence my domestic problem.
5. after you've got it just the way you want and BAM you've got boot socks! it's not as easy at it looks but it's cheap and totally worth it.